California State Website Template (Version 5.5)
Welcome to the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services
The Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (Bureau or BSIS) licenses and regulates the Alarm, Locksmith, Private Investigator, Private Security Services, and Repossession Industries. The mission of the Bureau is to protect and serve the public and consumers through effective regulatory oversight of the professions within the Bureau's jurisdiction.
- NEW: Private Investigator LLC Reinstatement Fee
- Important Update from BSIS- June 2, 2020
- New Licensing Fees for the Private Investigator Act- Effective July 1, 2020
- Alarm and Locksmith Initial Employee Applications Now Available for Download
- What You Need to Know: Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- Firearms Permit Renewal Application is Now Available Online
- New Age Requirement for Firearms Permit Applicants
- Fraud Scam Alert from Department of Consumer Affairs
Private Security Disciplinary Review Committee, Northern California (B) – January 12, 2021
Teleconference | 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Private Security Disciplinary Review Committee, Northern California (A) – January 12, 2021
Teleconference | 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Collateral Recovery Disciplinary Review Committee – January 26, 2021
Teleconference | 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.